Nimue

Nimue

Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker - E.L. James I heard so much about this book, and the first one in the series, from other bloggers, especially Laurie from Bona Fide Reflections and Sasse from Book That Thing, who very tweeting endlessly about Fifty.
When the opportunity arose to be part of the book tour for Fifty Shades Darker, I was immediately on board.
I didn’t read the first book before reading this one, but I could still follow quite easily. And I wasn’t sure what to expect. I knew the book is about a very dark romance between twi very different people. Initially I just wanted to peek into this book, because I was still reading something else. But after 3-4 pages I was already completely hooked and had to read the book through in one go. I wasn’t prepared at all for this story. It’s an emotional roller coaster ride which could go on infinitely for me. I absolutely adore both Ana and Christian (Fifty), the two main characters. Ana is such a sweet girl, vulnerable and strong at the same time, caring and naively sexy. And there is Christian, who sees himself in the worst light and is actually a very hurt young man, with a lot of charisma.
This book is their love story with a lot of very steamy sexy scenes. EL James really knows how to keep your interested. Her writing style is great, there are plenty of unusual words mixed in, e.g. kinky fuckery, which made me giggle.
In general this book made me laugh a lot. That’s something I wasn’t expecting, and rarely happens when reading erotic romances. Though the main characters have to go through much trouble and soul searching, there is so much humor mixed in. I loved their funny exchanges both verbally and per email. The emails are hilarious, Really well done.
And I was very much amused by Ana’s inner goddess. When she comes out you have to smile, and laugh. As I mentioned I love the writing in this book.
Obviously I don’t want to give away to much of the blot. First of all it’s a love story, and then there is some suspense mixed in and some personal development of the characters. I didn’t care that much for the suspense (that’s just me) but the character development was done outstandingly. I cared so much for them, I could be related. And EL James also did a good job in creating the supportive cast. Even though Ana and Christian are the main focus, the people around them are drawn very specifically and have very distinct features. I really liked Christian’s family, their are warm and welcoming without hovering overly.
Overall one of the best erotic romances I ever read. I love this book, the characters and the setting. I can’t wait for the third book.