Nimue

Nimue

Sweet Justice: A Last Chance Rescue Novel - Christy Reece I read about this book on someone's book blog (Sorry I can't remember where, I should write this down!) and got interested. When it was offered on NetGalley for review, I grabbed it immediately.
I haven't read anything by Christy Reece before, so I din't know what I was in for. But I wasn't disappointment. I really like her way of writing and after reading this book I will definitely read more of her.
Though I normally prefer paranormal or historical romances I have read my share of suspense books. Therefore I can honestly say that Sweet Justice is one of the better ones in this genre. The story was well-paced, emotional and enthralling. I do love the main characters. Seth is a noble guy who gave up everything for his job, even the woman he loves. Honor is hard working, disciplined and lonely.
I love the scenes with them together. There is an erotic and emotional tension which almost burns the pages. At the same time they are so sweet and careful with each other.
The plot itself is written very well. I'm not someone who predicts the murderer in a movie after 4 min but I still think that the story is very interesting and moving. I don't want to give away the plot but I do want to mention that Christy Reece is focusing on a very difficult and creepy topic in an appropriate and sensitive way.
In general I was very fond of the Last Chance Rescue crew. They are friends and worked well together as a team. I'm quite curious what the their stories are. Partly these are told in earlier books and there will be two more Christy Reece publications in this series this year. After this read I will surely pick them up!